[Users] webadmin login issues with AD

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Mar 3 12:42:10 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi,
I gave an incorrect explanation before (I thought about it and understood where my error lies ).
If I add a user using engine-manage-domains and do not provide -addPermissions, I will still be able to login to the system using admin at internal, and perform search for users & groups.
This means I do not need to have permissions for the user I added for that domain to perform search so the "permissions" check is of course not performed at search!

The number of groups is important in login - oVirt will try to calculate all the permissions of the users, and this is based on the permission the user have directly on an object, or that its group has.
If the user is a member of 300 groups, oVirt tries to get information for all that groups.
THis is why login hands, but search does not hang.
I hope my answer is more clear now,
If not , I will try to elaborate.

Yair