[Users] Possible migration from oVirt to RHEV?

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Mon Mar 11 08:51:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

The reason is most likely to have a stable production environment with
support and to have oVirt as a testing environment.

For the migration process:
- Implement your RHEV environment
- Create an export domain within RHEV, but don't attach it to your RHEV
datacenter
- Attach your export domain to oVirt datacenter
- Export your vms
- Detach export domain on oVirt and attach it in RHEV
- Import your vms

Did move a few vms from oVirt to RHEV and it worked fine.

Just make sure that you change to MAC range as oVirt and RHEV use the
same range and this will cause problems when you have vms with
conflicting MAC addresses.

--
Best regards

René Koch