[Users] Exporting backing up Snapshots

Ofri Masad omasad at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 12:55:56 UTC 2013

Hi Neil,

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a way to save the full state of the VM+Disks like an image.
Snapshots are actually just delta from the former state. that is the reason they do not consume as much space as a full image.

What you can do is use the export feature for VMs. just export the VM. by doing so you are saving both the VM state and the Disks state.
Of course, this would require more space than used in a snapshot.

Ofri