[Users] iSCSI Storage mirror

Jaco ubuntumuntu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:36:26 UTC 2013

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the reply.

The process I was considering following was something like this:
http://koo.fi/blog/2009/06/10/redundant-iscsi-storage-for-linux/

Write my VM images to a local disk & then use an iSCSI target to
maintain a copy in the event that the host goes offline, or if I
otherwise need to do a migration.

I have been looking into GlusterFS (another system I have little
knowledge or experience of), and I believe that it's more of a
network-based highly-available & -resilient system than one designed for
performance. I'm also a little loathe at this late stage of my build to
introduce more subsystems that'll to be planned for, troubleshooted &
maintained - I'm not so sure my existing setup will have good support
for it anyway.
It is certainly something worth-while to consider, but just not at this
stage (probably v.2 of my deployment).

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards

- Jaco