[Users] re-thin a disk

Jonathan Horne jhorne at skopos.us
Wed Mar 13 21:23:04 UTC 2013

I have a virtual machine with a 500GB thin-provisioned disk, and on it is about 2GB of data.  Due to a pvmove operation I am running, the 500GB disk with 2GB of data is growing and growing and is currently 180GB in size, and im sure it will go all the way to the 500GB before it stops.

When this process is finished, is there a way to re-thin the disk back down to the proper size again?  What about the export/import process?  Would that export it to the data size, not the block size?

Thanks,
jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.