[Users] Query regarding Quantum integration with oVirt

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 10:22:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> Hi,
Hi Romil,

> May I know Is there any support for Quantum in RHEVM-3.1 if not ,
> which oVirt version should I use so that I can use quantum feature ?
This feature is planned to be available in oVirt 3.3, the feature page is:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Quantum_Integration

> I have seen a demo of oVirt with quantum on youtube may i know which
> version you used ?
This demo was done on a "POC" branch, you can access it at:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:ovirt-engine+branch:master+topic:POC_NetworkProvider,n,z
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm,n,z

The VDSM hook is needed on the host to connect the vNIC to the quantum bridge.

Make sure Quantum is running in "noauth" mode.

Also, currently (due to a libvirt bug) we had to do a hack in the quantum l2 agent to disconnect the tap device from the bridge, prior to connecting it to the bridge that the agent created.

For this you can check out the documentation in:
http://www.ovirt.org/Network_Provider#Hack_in_Quantum_linux_bridge_agent

> Thanks ,
> Romil
Hope this helps,