[Users] Features requests for the setup/configuration utilities - feedback requested

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 12:59:37 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Right.

> 2. usernames are not same everywhere
>    postgres is not everywhere

Right.

> 3. do not make absolute symlinks, some packaging tools scream

I replied to this one, I don't fully agree, relative symlinks have their own issues, and hard to convert absolute to relative when 3rd party components are involved.

> 4. do not use #!/bin/bash but #!/bin/sh, in 99,9% people are not
> using
>    anything special from bash anyway

This is out of scope, we will depend on bash for now... too much legacy.
We can attend to that in future.
I can promise that no new code will be written in bash.

Thanks!