[Users] Features requests for the setup/configuration utilities - feedback requested

Jiri Belka jbelka at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 14:30:26 UTC 2013

I'll talk about RHEVM but it's probably related to oVirt too.

As rhevm installs all deps, I'm curious why versionlock.list is
populated after rhevm-setup and _not_dirrectly during installation
(maybe because you would need to hardcode versions into rhevm
package?). It took me tens of minutes to figure out why is upgrade
working differently now, just because I did _NOT_ do rhevm-setup after
clean install because I was thinking I know what files are important
and was restoring them from a tarball.

I think running rhevm-setup if you just want to restore is stupid. If
we would know 100% which files are involved, just install, restore from
backup, restore DB should be sufficient, without loosing time with
rhevm-setup which just writes there and here... :)

jbelka