[Users] Export domain

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 10:40:19 UTC 2013

On 03/14/2013 05:55 PM, Shu Ming wrote:
> Dafna Ron:
>> ovirt should not react in any way :)
>> the size should be updated by queries that are sent to vdsm on domains
>> status.
> I think vdsm domains do have their own meta-data except the lvm or
> posix file system meta data.
the export domain is an NFS domain and the size is not listed in its
metadata. much like posix which is based on file type storage, if we
extend the size in the storage server itself the domain size will be
updated with no issues or changed to the metadata.
you are correct regarding iscsi domain types which would have a problem
with extending a lun in the storage side.
extend  for iscsi is done via the ovirt by editing the domain and adding
more luns since extend of the used lv on the storage side will cause
issues in the metadata.

>> If you want to be extra careful you can always put the export domain in
>> maintenance before the extend :)
> If the export domain come back to life, I think the domain meta data
> should be invalidated after the extend.
since its not iscsi type domain the extend done on the server side to
extend the domain should not be a problem

>> On 03/13/2013 09:45 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
>>> What would happen if the export domain (via NFS) was extended (say,
>>> while the server was doing a reboot?)  id like to extend the space of
>>> my export domain from 200 to 500GB (with lvm commands).
>>>

>>> How will ovirt react to finding the size of the export domain
>>> changed?  Pleased or unpleased?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> jonathan

>>> This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
>>> please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
>>> mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall
>>> not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless
>>> pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative
>>> expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Dafna Ron