[Users] openvswitch intergration status

Antoni Segura Puimedon asegurap at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 13:16:36 UTC 2013

I'm on it.

The status is that I'm now refactoring the networking part of vdsm to
enable us to use different configuration tools for setting interfaces.
This will allow to have a open vSwitch back end for configuring the
bridges.

For 3.3 we will have the refactoring done.
http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/NetworkReloaded

I don't think we'll have open vSwitch hitting at the same point,
as I'm targeting first to have ifcfg and iproute2 based configuration,
but once the API of the refactoring is more stable, maybe somebody
can try to do it on parallel. Frankly though, I think it will have to
be for the following point release.

Best,

Toni