[Users] what is "distributed image repository"

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 08:37:22 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 12:51 PM, bigclouds wrote:

> thanks,i know a little more. but i do not understand fully.  distrubute
> filesystem  is more understandable.
> specially,,for SAN(iscsi,fc)  it is hard to share luns between nodes(not
> reliable), even use LVM,CLVM.
>
> would you explain it ( SAN case)?and it is hard to connect
> 'local directory' with distrbuted repo.

true.
even a single LUN, turned into a VG with LVM, can be used by all nodes
in the cluster.
an LV is created for each disk element (part of a chain in the disk
construct).
it's "like CLVM", only using only a single node (the "SPM") to do the
meta data changes (lvcreate) and other hosts to only consume the LV's
for running VMs.
this allows to scale to clusters of 50, 100 or more nodes.

HTH,
    Itamar