[Users] databases naming way is so confusing

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 09:58:55 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 07:30 AM, Shireesh Anjal wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 08:23 AM, bigclouds wrote:
>> hi, today i look into the databases,i find the way of naming  of
>> tables is so confusing.
>> like vds_group==cluster,storage_pool==datacenter,........
>> i think it is better straightforward.
>
> I agree :)
> I believe it's more of a 'legacy' issue.

that's even before the legacy :)
I'm sure everyone will be happy for patches fixing table and business
entity names to match what they are called today...
i'd start from vds-->host as an experiment and an obvious change.

for vds_group (cluster), and storage_pool (also [ab]used as data_center)
it's a bit more tricky, as the right change is probably more than just a
naming change, but let's see someone tackling vds/host first :)