[Users] Ovirt + Spice + VDI

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 09:50:40 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 09:15 AM, Shu Ming wrote:
>> I want to know, we are force to install one windows per user? does
>> spice can provide a multi remote connection to a single windows XP
>> machine?
>> I want to install one windows XP as virtual desktop and then share it
>> with more than one users.is it possible in now or in the futures?
> I think you are talking about mutiple sessions in one windows desktop
> servers.    I believe you must use RDP protocol to access those
> sessions.  Spice is for one window desktop per user.

it's one thing to allow multiple spice clients to see same windows xp
console (multi clients / session shadowing / remote control) and another
to allow each such user to have their own separate windows session,
which windows xp does not support (nor does spice).
for the former (multi clients, same session) - i remember some
discussion on this in spice list, but not current status.