[Users] host power managment failures

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 16 14:43:10 UTC 2013

Jorick Astrego wrote:

>> Having the same problem here. I installed the 3 nodes from iso and
>> registered them to oVirt. In ovirt I approved them and added the
>> Power Management settings. The source list is empty and Test fails
>> with the message there is no other host to test it from.
>>
>> 2
>>
>> Installing the node from ovirt with ssh appears to work ok, there I
>> see as source cluster and dc to test it.
>>

> Just found out if I register the node and approve without power
> management, I can then edit the node and enable/test powermanagent.
> Approving the node and enabling power management at the same time
> fails.....

If you try to register the FIRST node and try to set powermanagment then
it will fail. Reason is because the check is done from another host in
the cluster en since there is none it will error. Have been bitten by
this multiple times when adding a host and thinking I could start adding
a second before the first was ready. Adding a second and third in
parallel when the first is ready should be no problem.

Joop