[Users] ldap simple

Andrej Bagon andrej.bagon at arnes.si
Mon Mar 18 07:07:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

the system is trying to bind to ldap as:
bind request: uid=cn=ovirt,cn=Users,cn=Accounts,dc=ourdomain,dc=si

I dont know how it knows dc=ourdomain,dc=si
It should be
bind request: cn=ovirt,ou=system,dc=ourdomain,dc=si" -b "dc=arnes,dc=si

The same with the search: we have users in form as:
edupersonprincipalname=username at users.ourdomain.si
<mailto:edupersonprincipalname=abagon at guest.arnes.si>,dc=users,dc=ourdomain,dc=si

values in database:
select * from vdc_options where option_name in
('DomainName','LdapServers','LDAPSecurityAuthentication','LDAPProviderTypes','AdUserName','AdUserPassword')
order by option_id;
 option_id |        option_name         |          option_value
| version
-----------+----------------------------+--------------------------------+---------
        10 | AdUserName                 |
users.ourdomain.si:ovirt           | general
        11 | AdUserPassword
|users.ourdomain.si:adminpassword       | general
        69 | DomainName                 | users.ourdomain.si
                | general
       130 | LDAPSecurityAuthentication|
users.ourdomain.si:SIMPLE          | general
       132 | LdapServers                |
users.ourdomain.si:server.ourdomain.si | general
       133 | LDAPProviderTypes          |
users.ourdomain.si:rhds            | general
(6 rows)

Best Regards,
Andrej Bagon