[Users] Package installation error

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 07:02:13 UTC 2013

Hi Alon,

On 03/19/2013 07:56 AM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Obviously something is wrong with the dependency, not sure which version of gluster is required and what is available in fedora.
>
> The root cause of this is that setup defaults no to use both gluster and virt for the default domain, while in the past it used to default to virt. So if you do not wish to use gluster, please do not select both at installation, or turn of the gluster from the cluster after installation.

I think the wording here is confusing.

To an oVirt user, "using Gluster" means having a Gluster storage domain
as shared storage.

In the context of the Gluster management console, oVirt does not use
Gluster, Gluster uses oVirt.

Would it be possible to review the set-up process to ensure that we are
not inadvertently sending users who just want to use a stable version of
Gluster as storage in the wrong direction? This comes up frequently, and
seems to be confusing people.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13