[Users] Package installation error

suporte at logicworks.pt suporte at logicworks.pt
Tue Mar 19 09:43:37 UTC 2013

That is right : "The bigger problem of course is that oVirt-3.2.1 requires gluster-3.4.0
which isn't in the standard repos at the moment. "

I want to use gluster, because, in my understanding, glusterfs allow me to share a storage (2 or more) between 2 or more hosts, like a virtual disk, and this is essential for live migration or HA.
I get from the gluster site, related to Gluster 3.4 alpha and QEMU 1.4.0 : "... new QEMU/GlusterFS native integration leveraging libgfapi. For those of you wondering what that means, in short, there’s no need for FUSE anymore and QEMU leverages GlusterFS natively on the back end. Awesome."

This could be an advantage? It's not only required to manage gluster clusters, but as a better integration.
Let me know if I wrote something wrong.

Now things seems to be working, what I did was create a file in the host: /etc/yum.repos.d/stage.repo

[glusterfs]
name=GlusterFS
baseurl=http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/stage/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-Gluster
because of the self signed I get some errors, so I did:

yum install --nogpgcheck glusterfs*
yum install --nogpgcheck glusterfs-server*
yum install --nogpgcheck glusterfs-rdma*

And that's it everything works.

The installation should be more nicely

Thanks
Jose