[Users] Failing to attach NFS data storage domain (Ovirt 3.2)

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 20:24:14 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Limor Gavish" <lgavish at gmail.com>

Sorry I should have mentioned that if you use root_squash for your nfs
share you have to switch to the vdsm user:

(root)# su -s /bin/sh vdsm
(vdsm)$ cd /mnt/tmp/<sduuid>/dom_md/

(vdsm)$ sanlock direct dump ids
(and now you should be able to see the output)

If the output is still empty then used hexdump -C to inspect it
(and eventually post it here compressed).

Another important thing that you should check is:

# ps fax | grep sanlock

If the output doesn't look like the following:

 1966 ?        SLs    0:00 wdmd -G sanlock
 2036 ?        SLsl   0:00 sanlock daemon -U sanlock -G sanlock
 2037 ?        S      0:00  \_ sanlock daemon -U sanlock -G sanlock

Then I suggest you to update sanlock to the latest build:

(sanlock-2.6-7.fc18)

And eventually if after rebooting the problem persists, please post
also the sanlock log (/var/log/sanlock.log)

> Please note, the VDSM is running as a system service (it was
> installed from a package) while ovirt-engine was built from sources
> and thus is not running as root. Is this an issue?

It shouldn't be.

--
Federico