[Users] Package installation error

Simon Grinberg simon at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 16:08:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

AFAIK, it's an option in the _options table that is not yet exposed to the -config utility
The reason it's there since it's alters the appearance and removes some GUI options in the first place.

> And... if this option is in UI, then... why do we need anything at
> setup...? user can log into the system and configure the cluster in
> any way he likes.

Well that was the initial idea behind the dual mode, everything exposed and the user selects in the GUI on the cluster level what to use. This confuses users as this thread apparently exposes. Users that do not care about Glusters would like not to bother to set this up on each cluster, and vice verse.

> I am thinking into the future that when first login into the admin
> console there should be some wizard, instead of performing this at
> setup time.

If configuration options are allowed to be dynamically modified  (and we are working to have it so) this does not contradict, the wizard is just a first login graphical setup.