[Users] Starting VM gets paused

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Tue Mar 26 11:17:15 UTC 2013

Le 25/03/2013 12:10, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
> Le 24/03/2013 09:53, Dafna Ron a écrit :
>> is the vm preallocated or thin provision disk type?
>
> This VM has 3 disks :
> - first disk to host the windows system : Thin provision
> - second disk to store some data : Preallocated
> - third disk to store some more data : Thin provision
>
> I'm realizing that amongst the 15 VMs, only this one and another one
> that is stopped are using preallocated disks.
> I'm regularly migrating some VMs (and stopping and starting and playing
> with them) with no issue, and they all are using thin provisioned disks!
>
> Could this be a common factor of the problem?
>

>> also, can you please attach engine, vdsm, libvirt and the vm's qemu logs?
>
> Relevant logs :
>
> ############
>
> Ok, I'm in the process of collecting the logs and posting them in a
> useable manner.
>
> More to come.

Ok, once again, I ran a test and observed the relevant logs.
I tried to isolate the time frames, but it may be long for vdsm.log

Here they are :
* /var/log/libvirt/qemu/serv-chk-adm3.log
http://pastebin.com/JVKMSmxD
* /var/log/libvirtd.log
http://pastebin.com/sWGDCqNh
* /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log (the BIG one)
http://pastebin.com/bevTEhym

What I can add to help you help me, is that :
- I saw that all my VM appear as tainted. I did not know what that meant
(but RTFMed since), and this does not appear to disturb the other VMs
- Many VMs including the problematic one have been imported from
ovirt-v2v with now such issue.
- This particular VM was also imported, but the starting point was a
vmdk or ova single file.
- Two additionnal data disks were added
- As I said, this is the only running VM stored as pre allocated.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Ecarnot