[Users] stable ovirt

George Pochiscan george.pochiscan at sphs.ro
Wed Mar 27 08:07:52 UTC 2013

Hello nnex,

1. I don't use right now oVirt in production but in about 2 weeks I'll use it in production.
2. You cannot install the engine node into a virtual machine(in order to create the cluster you have to work with an existing engine). The best is to have the machine on another virtualization platform(vmware, RHEV,etc) in order to be able to create backups for the machine.
3.  Yes, you can install engine and virtualization host on the same machine but it's  not recommended, actually this type of installation is only for demo purposes.

George Pochiscan
Support Engineer