[Users] AllInOne installation issue

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 21:54:17 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hmmm... I am sorry, I seen this in the engine log, it may be out of sync with the ovirt-host-deploy log.

Going blindly...

In ovirt-host-deploy I see:
---
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/configNetwork.py", line 834, in _addNetworkValidation
    raise ConfigNetworkError(ne.ERR_BAD_NIC, "unknown nic: %r" % nic)
ConfigNetworkError: (23, "unknown nic: 'lo'")
---

Meaning the machine name is set for the loopback interface with is not supported by vdsm.

You should make sure that there is a real interface with valid address and the server fqdn is resolved to that address and not loopback.

Alon