[Users] ldap

Ryan Wilkinson ryanwilk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:42:56 UTC 2013

I'm able to set up Active Directory authentication if my ovirt engine is
set to use dns that is hosted on the same system as Active Directory.
However, if I use static host entries in my engine "hosts" file instead of
using dns I'm getting the error "ldap server for domain not found" when I
issue the command: "engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=’ovirt.local'
-user='admin' -provider=ActiveDirectory -interactive" from the engine. I've
googled to death how to configure static entries on my engine system for
the ldap server and it seems that I need to configure my nsswitch and
ldap.conf files but still no luck... Any ideas??