[Users] ldap

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 12:53:20 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Ryan,

To work with LDAP you currently need to have both LDAP and Kerberos SRV records in the DNS, as well as PTR record.
If you would like to work locally I can suggest working with dnsmasq (lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server) locally, defining these entries there, and setting /etc/resolv.conf properly, so that it would access it.

The configuration is in /etc/dnsmasq.conf (or in /etc/dnsmasq.d/...).
Example for LDAP and Kerberos records:
srv-host=_ldap._tcp.my_domain.com,ad.my_domain.com,389
srv-host=_kerberos._tcp.my_domain.com,ad.my_domain.com,88

and, afaik it also takes /etc/hosts and creates PTR records for the entries there, so that should be enough, if you add your AD host in /etc/hosts (I guess you can also add those manually in dnsmasq).

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Oved