[Users] Vlan interface on top of bonding

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:18:49 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM, René Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> vlan tagging for ovirtmgmt interface is a bit tricky.
>
> Here's how I do it:
> - configure vlan tag on host(s) and switch - imho not necessary to have a ovirtmgmt bridge available but vlan tagging configured for your ovirtmgmt network on your ethx or bondx interface
> - create a new datacenter (without hosts in it!)
> - edit ovirtmgmt logical network (if it's not possible: delete it and create new interface ovirtmgmt with vlan tag)
> - put host(s) in new datacenter
> - configure network from oVirt webadmin gui (maybe you have to uncheck "verify connectivity between engine and hosts")
>
> I can't say for sure if the steps above will work - maybe you have to do more directly on the host.
> Did a few setups with tagged ovirtmgmt interfaces in oVirt and RHEV but newer wrote down a definitive guide for it :(
>

> Regards,
> René

Perhaps some steps related to this same thing in this thread I began
in January and where Rene' answered too.. (I didn't final feedback, I
don't remember the final results):

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011334.html

I think the workflow and the detailed points could apply to your configuration

Gianluca