[Users] Vlan interface on top of bonding

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Thu May 9 02:55:32 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

ovirt-engine supports configuration of the ovirtmgmt as a non-vm network, untagged.
And on top of that nic (bond in this specific case) configure all of the vlans.

The advantage of this setting is not requiring to perform any manual configuration at all.
The disadvantage is the inability to connect VMs through the ovirtmgmt network, which
requires configuring at least one VM network on any of the hosts in order to be able to
configure nics on the VMs.

> - create a new datacenter (without hosts in it!)

With the fix for https://bugzilla.redhat.com/909820 (merged), any network can be editing,
in spite of it's configured on hosts. It will result with network being marked as 'not synced'
on the host.