[Users] engine-image-uploader and /tmp size problem on fedora18

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed May 1 22:10:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Alon Bar-Lev  wrote:

>> I notice that only one of the two VMs contained in the .ovf archive
>> was uploaded (c2).
>> Does engine-image-uploader support more than one VM in ovf file or do
>> I need to leave inside it only the files related to one VM at a time?
>>
>> Gianluca

Ok.
I extracted the ovf and removed the files of one VM (c2) and then
created a new ovf and was able to upload the other VM now (infra)
I was also able to import the VM, add a nic to it and start ok on the
new infrastructure.

SO far so good.
This way implies power off of the source VM. Is there a way to export
a running VM or is it on the roadmap?
Or some way to make a snapshot of a running VM and export it without
powering down the original VM?

Thanks,
Gianluca