[Users] oVirt 3.0 - known issue with live migration

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Thu May 2 08:25:44 UTC 2013

Hi,
check your conf files, if you use secure connection to host you should check the parameters:

in /etc/conf/vdsm/vdsm.conf - check that "ssl=True" under [var]
in /etc/conf/libvirt/qemu.conf - check for spice_tls =1
and in /etc/conf/libvirt/libvirtd.conf - auth_tcp and listen_tcp are not declared (under a comment).

to verify, restart vdsm service and run - vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps  [-s for secure]. if it returns, the configurations are good.

for unsecure connection:
in libvirtd.conf you should have auth_tcp="none" listen_tcp=1
in /etc/conf/vdsm/vdsm.conf - check that ssl=False
in /etc/conf/libvirt/qemu.conf - check for spice_tls=0

and again, to verify - vdsClient 0 getVdsCaps , if returns we're fine.

Please attach the results.
If it's not the issue, please attach your vdsm.log to check it more specifically.

Regards,
Yaniv Bronhaim.