[Users] Fault tolerant storage

Jakub Bittner j.bittner at nbu.cz
Thu May 2 09:18:48 UTC 2013

Dne 1.5.2013 17:25, Sven Knohsalla napsal(a):
> Hi Jakub,
>
> I assume the solution you are searching for is something GlusterFS can serve for example:
> http://www.gluster.org/about/
>
> Best, Sven.

Hi,

thank you for replies.
Sven:
I know Gluster. I am using it since 2009 in production but the problem
is that many organisations and users already have Storage arrays
(SAN,NAS,..) and migrating to Gluster is not possible or reliable.

While I have 2 storage arrays I would like to use them like network raid
1.  Also the combination of more storage types would be super cool (NFS
+ ISCSI) or so.

Jonathan:
Yes, I can rely on disk arrays for hdd fault tolerance, but there are
more points of failure than disks (network, ram, cpu, water in rack and
so).

To be clear, I know, I can manage fault tolerance by hardware, but it is
more expensive