[Users] engine-image-uploader and /tmp size problem on fedora18

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun May 12 16:14:00 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> you can take a live snapshot.
> i don't remember if we allow exporting a snapshot of a running VM (no
> technical reason not to).

I think there is no way. I tried on 3.2.1 and after a live snapshot if
you select the line of the VM, the "export" is greyed out.
If I further select "Snapshots" in bottom pane, then the details pane
gets the line marked with

2013-May-12, 18:03    Ok  test for export

already selected but there is no option to export anything...
At the moment if you have only one snapshot you get two lines in
"Snapshots" details pane

2013-May-12, 18:03    Ok  test for export
Current   Ok    Active VM

BTW: you can sort of select all the lines but the "Active VM' one.
It would be fine to have the "export' link above selectable when you
select a line different from the "Active VM" one.
How to officially ask to implement this or something similar to export
live snapshots?

> if we for some reason don't, you could clone the snapshot to a VM, then
> export that VM (ugly, so i hope we support exporting a snapshot of a running
> VM)

yes, ugly and not feasible in my opinion.

Thanks,
Gianluca