[Users] OvirtGuestAgent in windows

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon May 13 11:37:54 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 04:31 AM, lof yer wrote:
> I tried 'python OvirtGuestService.py install' || 'net start
> OvirtGuestService', it just logged me out and no ip was reported to
> the engine. However, when I logged as any user on Windows  using
> 'python OvirtGuestService.py debug', it seemed to be working all
> fine(ip, application... were reported) .
>
> Someone said that the service must be started under a user, I tried
> make it started with a user, like Administrator, LOCALSYSTEM, but an
> error reported.
>
> Do I have other ways to make it run as a service?
Hi,

It logged you out because of some command still in the VirtIO channel.
You should be ok after you logged back in again.

However without having some more details like if the service was still
running afterwards I can't tell you why you did not get the IP reported
in the engine.
Please check in the event viewer (start eventvwr.msc) if there were any
errors in the event log reported.
It's quite possible that it did not find the ini file when started as
service.

I can't tell for sure without more information. Please check if you have
any log files, eventlog entries or anything like that.
Thanks.

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com