[Users] all-in-one install fail

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri May 17 15:01:40 UTC 2013

Hi,
 looking at the logs seems you're trying to install all-in-one on a host
that doesn't support virtualization:

2013-05-17 07:57:56,749 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.InstallerMessages] (VdsDeploy) Installation
ovirt.wilk.local: Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation': Hardware
does not support virtualization

This seems to be the reason for

Error: Host was found in a 'Failed' state.

Il 17/05/2013 16:11, Ryan Wilkinson ha scritto:
> I've successfully installed several all-in-one setups but am having issues
> currently.  Install details:
>
> Engine:
>
> **Set SELinux to permissive
>
> Fedora 18 basic install
>
> yum remove firewalld
>
> Edit /etc/hosts
>
> 192.168.0.120        engine.ovirt.local
>

> Update packages:
>
> yum -y update
>
> Reboot
>
> Configure Repo:
>
> yum localinstall http://ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-fedora.noarch.rpm
>
> Install Engine:
>
> yum install ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone
>

> engine-setup
>

> Setup works fine until it reaches adding local host and fails with error:
>
> Error: Host was found in a 'Failed' state.
>

> I've attached engine-setup logs.  I've also tried manually adding host from
> admin console with no luck.  Showing ssh error 1.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Ryan

Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com