[Users] Question on logical networks

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun May 19 08:21:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:35:55AM +0300, Lior Vernia wrote:
> Hello Lee,
>
> This is definitely not supported in oVirt. Moreover, correct me if I'm
> wrong, but I suspect such a network would not be very useful; non-tagged
> packets from the non-tagged cluster would find it hard to make their way
> to destinations in the tagged cluster.
>
> Yours, Lior.
>
> On 14/05/13 06:02, Lee Jones wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to know if a LN can be tagged in one cluster and untagged in a
> > different cluster in the same data center.

I can imagine a data center than has two segments; in one segment
network A is tagged, but in another segment, the network goes native on
the wire.

It could have been nice if oVirt supported such layout, though as Lior
noted, it is currently not. Lee, maybe you can provide more details on
why this is needed and how common it is used?

Dan.