[Users] Antw.: Guest Agent

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon May 20 07:38:05 UTC 2013

On 05/19/2013 02:46 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 07:44:41AM -0400, Sven Knohsalla wrote:
>> Hi Joop,
>>
>> just for clarification:
>> Is there any reason why agent rpms can't be found / aren't occupied in default ovirt repo (<-> rhev repo)?
> The rpm for Fedora is in the default repo,
>
>      http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.2/rpm/Fedora/18/noarch/ovirt-guest-agent-common-1.0.6-5.fc18.noarch.rpm
>
> However, I have no idea why its EL6 counterpart is missing from
>
>      http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.2/rpm/EL/6/noarch
We don't have a EL6 version due to the fact that the guest agent needs
in its current 3.2 shape the GDM sources available for building the SSO
(single sign on) modules. In Fedora 17 and 18 this was no problem so far
due to the fact that there were extra devel libraries for GDM plugins.

The master branch of the ovirt-guest-agent has already the possibility
to disable the SSO module for building. This is needed for a few other
linux targets. However this will be available with ovirt 3.3.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com