[Users] Guest Agent

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Tue May 21 06:28:31 UTC 2013

On 05/20/2013 03:12 PM, suporte at logicworks.pt wrote:
> Ok, thanks. from where can I start?

On Fedora 17+ you can install the guest agent by 'yum install
ovirt-guest-agent-common'

On other OS you can start by checking out the git repository on the OS
you'd like to build it on.

`git clone http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/ovirt-guest-agent.git`

On Windows you should follow these instructions:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-guest-agent.git;a=blob;f=ovirt-guest-agent/README-windows.txt;h=HEAD

On Linux you go into the repository
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --without-sso
And then as root
# make install

However not all files might yet be put into the right places on all
systems, and for Debian/Ubuntu systems we don't have any daemon or
upstart scripts, so far we only support systemd in the repository so
that would have to be done manually.

HTH

See how it works at redhat.com