[Users] Fwd: Nagios monitoring plugin check_rhev3 1.2 released

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Wed May 22 12:55:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 14:59 +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:
> [...]

It's one of the features in the latest version (1.2):

 -o, --cookie
    Use cookie based authenticated sessions (requires RHEV >= 3.1)

I implemented it in the following way:
- Plugin checks if file with session cookie exists (per default
in /var/tmp)
- If not: login with username and password (that's why you need to
specify auth pair or authfile) and fetch JSESSIONID
-- Writes ID into session cookie file
- If cookie file is found: login using JSESSIONID and ignore username
and password. So you can change username/password and login will still
work.
- If login using session ID fails and cookie file exists, it will be
deleted and a login with username and password is tried the next time
the plugin is executed

If you start the script with -vvv you can see if login is down with auth
session or with username/password...

I didn't test it with oVirt 3.2 (yet), but works fine in RHEV 3.1.

Regards,
René