[Users] deduplication

suporte at logicworks.pt suporte at logicworks.pt
Tue May 28 09:20:42 UTC 2013

Hi Theron,

Thanks, that's what I thought. So with dedup we save space in the storage and what about performance, will it increase performance? once it will not use the same instance twice, is that right? i.e., if I have 2 VM's (let's say, Fedora 18), with the same kernel, does oVirt run 2 times the 2 instances or can it manage that so it will not have to run the same software twice, in order to save resources and performance.

I'm not sure if my English is enough for you to realize what I'm trying to explain.

Regards
Jose