[Users] unable to create snapshots, new disks, or migrate to/from specific storage domain

Mark Shields mshields at techsafari.com
Sat Nov 2 23:30:30 UTC 2013

I hope I can find help with this problem.

We're using oVirt 3.3.0-4-el6 on CentOS 6.  We have three physical
hosts.  One acts as the ovirt-engine (virt01), another acts as a host
and small/fast storage (virt02), the other acts as a host with 11+ TB of
storage (mixed fast/large setup).  virt02 has one storage domain named
'virt02_data'.  virt03 has two storage domains, one named 'virt03_data1'
and 'virt03_data2'.

I can create, take snapshots, and do everything as normal for any disks
on 'virt02_data'. When I try to do the same to 'virt03_data1' and
'virt03_data2', the process fails.  VMs currently are running on virt03
with their storage on 'virt03_data1'.  These VMs can read/write data to
their virtual disk without issue.  I downloaded and ran the nfscheck.py
described on the oVirt wiki to ensure that this isn't an NFS.

Looking through the logs to the best of my ability (debug info abounds),
I'm at a loss to determine which file/section of file is relevant to the
problem.  Am I correct that oVirt/vdsm/libvirt uses some UUID setup for
coordinating names of disks and not the nice name I see in the UI?

I would post my logs on a pastebin, but they are entirely too large to
host anywhere but a site such as Mediafire.

Any ideas where to start on this issue?