[Users] Custom settings for Kernel Same-page Merging (KSM)?

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Sun Nov 3 20:28:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

recently I've noticed that ksmd is using quite a lot CPU on
my oVirt node. While I have plenty RAM, my CPU is way slow.
Thus ksmd is eating up the most limited ressource here.

Is it supported to use custom settings for ksmd? I've noticed
that it is handled by MoM: /etc/vdsm/mom.d/03-ksm.policy.
May I just change some settings here, or is there a tuning
parameter in oVirt engine? Couldn't find a matching one
with engine-config.

I'd like to use a higher value for sleep_millisecs to reduce
CPU usage (with the possible side effect of higher RAM usage).

Thanks
- Frank