[Users] oVirt-guest-agent EL6 vioserial question

Sven Knohsalla s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com
Fri Nov 8 16:56:28 UTC 2013

Hi Sven,

thanks for the fast reply.

oVirt-engine:
oVirt Engine Version: 3.2.1-1.fc18 , F18 based

F18 hosts as nodes:
Kernel Version: 3.9.11 - 200.fc18.x86_64
KVM Version:  1.2.2 - 13.fc18
LIBVIRT Version: libvirt-0.10.2.6-1.fc18
VDSM Version: vdsm-4.10.3-17.fc18
SPICE Version: 0.12.2 - 3.fc18

I currently installed ovirt-guest-agent RPM on CentOS 6.4 64bit guest (latest).

[root at deovn-yXX ~]# virsh -r dumpxml VMNAME | grep virtio-serial
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='2'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='3'/>

Yes, it seems virtio-serial has been attached to the VM.

I installed python python-devel  packages on this VM.
Do I need further packages for this virtio-serial dev ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sven.

Sven Knohsalla  | Sr. IT Administrator

Office +49 631 68036 XXX | E-Mail s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com | Skype: sven.knohsalla
Netbiscuits GmbH | Europaallee 10 | 67657 Kaiserslautern | GERMANY

Register Court: Local Court Kaiserslautern | Commercial Register ID: HR B 3604
Management Board: Guido Moggert, Michael Neidhöfer, Christian Reitz, Martin Süß

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Warning: Although Netbiscuits has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.