[Users] Low quality of el6 vdsm rpms

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 15:31:24 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

it does run, but we can't enable it since it's still failing:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_3.3_install_rpm_sanity_gerrit/label=fedora19/282/console

once that's fixed, the job will be enabled and run per patch.

> - Keep the docs updated. Our Jenkins slaves have pep8-1.4.6, so we
>   should update
>   http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Developers#Installing_required_packages
>   accordingly - and more importantly, make that version available.
>
>   Sandro, who built the python-pep8-1.4.6 that sits on the el6 Jenkins
>   slave? Could you make it publicly available? (I can volunteer
>   http://danken.fedorapeople.org again)

i tend to agree here with patrick on using non released pep8 packages, that are not available
via rpms, but only via python-pip.
the jenkins slaves were updated via pyhon-pip and not via yum upgrade.

> > > - How are the builds prepared? Is there a Jenkins job that prepares
> > > "stable" rpms in addition to the nightly job? Or is this totally
> > > handcrafted?

no jenkins job for stable builds.
just nightly builds published from this job which build only rpms from master.

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/Packaging/job/vdsm_create_rpms/