[Users] Low quality of el6 vdsm rpms

Douglas Schilling Landgraf dougsland at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 20:51:36 UTC 2013

Hi Patrick,

On 11/12/2013 09:33 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:31:04AM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>> Il 12/11/2013 10:34, Patrick Hurrelmann ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> sorry for this rant, but...
>
> Thanks for ranting. Community testing and ranting are to be cherished.
> We must improve in the points you have raised.
>

>>> I now tried several times to test the beta 3.3.1 rpms, but they can't
>>> even be installed in the most times.
>>
>> I'm glad to read you're testing 3.3.1. May I ask you to add yourself to
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Testing/Ovirt_3.3.1_testing ?
>>
>>> One time it required a future
>>> selinux-policy, although the needed selinux fix was delivered in a much
>>> lower version. Now the rpms have broken requirements. It requires
>>> "hostname" instead of "/bin/hostname". This broken requirement is not
>>> included in the vdsm 3.3 branch, so I wonder where it comes from?

Indeed, that's bad. It has been included from a patch only on Fedora
koji build rawhide. The others points here already have been answered by
others developers. Anyway, we have updated the build.

We would appreciate if you could continue the tests with the new test build:

F19: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6172359
F20: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6172521
EL6: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6172612

This last update includes the following patches:
- The require hostname fix
- upgrade-fix-v3ResetMetaVolSize-argument
- lvm-Do-not-use-udev-cache-for-obtaining-device-list
- Fix-ballooning-rules-for-computing-the-minimum-avail
- Avoid-M2Crypto-races
- spec-declare-we-provide-an-existing-python-cpopen
- configuring-selinux-allowing-qemu-kvm-to-generate-co

@Mike, can you please update the testing candidate repo?

Thanks!

--
Cheers