[Users] oVirt 3.4 planning

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Wed Nov 13 14:27:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

There are 2 features I can maybe add to existing projects of mine
(check_rhev3 and Monitoring UI-Plugin), but it would be good to know
what users require to decide if this can be done via an external
(ui)plugin or if this needs to be integrated into oVirt itself.

* gluster: Monitoring (UI plugin)
What's expected here - monitoring glusterfs volumes (including
performance data) and displaying the results in your favored monitoring
solution and oVirt?

* other: Zabbix monitoring
Monitoring the oVirt environment should work with my check_rhev3 plugin
by adding it as an external check to Zabbix. I'll test this and if it's
working I'll provide a short guide on how to do it.
Displaying data/triggers in oVirt isn't possible yet with my Monitoring
UI-plugin, but on the feature list (help is welcome)...

Before I add myself to the list - can you give me more information on
the role/tasks of a testing owner? Are there more steps required then
testing a feature, getting in contact with the devel owner to fix issues
and update the oVirt BZ (and join the IRC weekly meetings)?

Regards,
René