[Users] Problems with first time oVirt installation

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 06:20:06 UTC 2013

On 11/15/2013 01:13 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On 15 November 2013 15:51, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com
> <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     oh, was nested virt enabled? this is an all in one deployment,
>     right? it needs VT extensions to work.
>     you pasted the errors of the sos.log, not the content of the zip
>

> I've been testing in a mix of environments between home and work :) My
> oriignaltest was with real hardware but thats not available right now.
>
> This latest was on XenServer, so I don't think kvm can run nested on
> that. I was just trying the management interface out - I presumed the
> storage etc could be setup without a hostnode attached.

you can install the engine as a VM, but the download describes deploying
the all-in-one plugin - that deployes engine+vdsm(host) on same box.

> I'd do nested virt at home, CentOS installs via virt-manager fine, but
> just displays a black screen on startup.

that's a centos/ubuntu issue - sorry i can't help with that.
if you want to easily play with it for a demo, may i suggest you try to
boot from the live-usb?
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Live