[Users] Problems with first time oVirt installation

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:24:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Lindsay Mathieson  wrote:
> On 15 November 2013 16:20, Itamar Heim wrote:
>
>> you can install the engine as a VM, but the download describes deploying the
>> all-in-one plugin - that deployes engine+vdsm(host) on same box.
>
> Yah, the plug was disabled as no kvm available. I thought the
> all-in-one was optional for that guide?

The all-in-one is optional in the sense that you need to run
sudo yum install -y ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone
only if you want an all-in-one setup (aka one engine that is also the
hypervisor)

Normally when you deploy a host there is the reboot of the host itself
at the end of the stage
In case of all-in-one this would be a problem.of course
So the engine-setup after you install all-in-one plugin would take
care itself to make as normally the engine configuration and setup,
but also the deploy part of itself as a host, without reboot (there
was a bug in the past hitting me on this... ;-)

see also here for further information about all-in-one:
http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/AllInOne

HiH,
Gianluca