[Users] Guest Agent

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 20:33:01 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 08:27 PM, Thomas Suckow wrote:
> I am running several RHEL6 vms in ovirt. I am looking to install the
> guest agent.
>
> The releases repo has ovirt-guest-agent-common and EPEL has
> ovirt-guest-agent. Which of these should I use?

I see in the release repo:
ovirt-guest-agent-1.0.8-1.el6.noarch.rpm
http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.3/rpm/EL/6Server/noarch/
?

> How is this distinct from qemu-guest-agent?

qemu-guest-agent is a newcomer. ovirt uses some functionality from
qemu-guest-agent, and for what's not covered by qemu-guest-agent, uses
ovirt-guest-agent.

> If I were to install an Ubuntu vm, what should I do about the guest agent?

use this:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/016308.html