[Users] Guest Agent

Thomas Suckow thomas.suckow at pnnl.gov
Fri Nov 22 19:01:24 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 10:53 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 05:18 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

>>> Not tried yet myself, but  I think you can download related source rpm
>>> here and try to rebuld:
>>> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/
>>>
>>> HIH,
>>> Gianluca
>> Just rebuilt rhev-agent-2.3.16-3.el5.src.rpm on a CentOS 5.10 x86_64
>> VM on oVirt 3.3.1-2.fc19 and the agent seems to work.
>> In the sense that:
>> - I get VM ip in web gui
>>
>> - I get list of applications in web gui:
>> Installed Applications
>> kernel-2.6.18-371.1.2.el5
>> kernel-2.6.18-371.el5
>> rhev-agent-2.3.16-3
>> xorg-x11-drv-qxl-0.0.12-2.el5
>>
>> - when there is activity, I see memory,cpu and network usage rows with
>> consistent values
>>
>> Other things to verify?
>>
> I don't think the .el5 one has any SSO in it, so i think this covers it.

Alright so far so good. I setup a jenkins job to build this for me. So
far working like a dream.

wget
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/rhev-agent-2.3.16-3.el5.src.rpm
mkdir -p build/{BUILD,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
rpmbuild --define "_topdir $WORKSPACE/build" --rebuild
rhev-agent-2.3.16-3.el5.src.rpm

Any chance of an 'official' build ending up in the EPEL for anyone else
who may desire this?