[Users] Host Network QoS feature

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 09:48:32 UTC 2013

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your input, see response below.

On 25/11/13 10:59, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two thoughts on QoS:
>
> First: You mention just QoS for VMs, Hosts and in the future DCs, what
> about Cluster level QoS?

Good point. Cluster level would be similar in implementation to DC level
(and might be as useful), the point being that both are relatively
complex and out of the scope of this current feature. I'll update the
feature page to mention the cluster level as well.

> Second: It would also be very useful to track some statistics, like
> traffic consumed per vm / host, e.g. for accounting, maybe the
> ceilometer project from openstack could provide some of this
> information?

It might be useful to integrate with Ceilometer, oVirt will definitely
try to leverage OpenStack wherever possible. Specifically for the
billing use case (which relates more to VM QoS than to host QoS), maybe
someone who knows more about SLA than me would care to comment.