[Users] oVirt Updates - November 2013

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 11:10:59 UTC 2013

Case Studies
- Dave Neary just published his interview with Martin Goldstone and
   Gary Lloyd, system administrators at the Keele university
   http://www.ovirt.org/Keele_University_case_study

   (we'd be happy to have more case studies, please contact Dave if you
   are willing to do one - its mostly just an interview with him)

oVirt 3.3

- 3.3.1 with a slew of updates is finally out.
   http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3.1_release_notes

- 3.3.2 beta planned once we GA 3.3.1.

- sample scheduler plugins available here
   http://www.ovirt.org/External_Scheduler_Samples

oVirt 3.4

- planning is on going, please join and help make oVirt better
   http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/017451.html
   (clearly, only items with devel owners will make it)

Conferences

- Einav presented at an oVirt booth in LISA 2013 (Washington, DC)

- Fosdem virt & IaaS devroom CFP[1] is open till December 1st
   http://bit.ly/1gMXdUH

   We also requested a stand/table/booth to demo oVirt
   (we'd love if oVirt users visiting Fosdem would volunteer to help man
   the stand/demo)

- KVM Forum/CloudOpen sessions available
   http://www.ovirt.org/KVM_Forum_2013

Cross Distro
- guest agent packages are now available for OpenSUSE 12.3, 13.1 and
   Factory, and SLES 11 SP3.
   (thanks Vinzenz for pushing and René for testing)

- Ubuntu packages pushed by Zhou Zheng Sheng.

- How To: Get oVirt 3.2 All-In-One working on Scientific Linux 6.4 (With
   fixes!)
   http://bit.ly/17BstPj

Related
- How to manage multiple nodes with oVirt (Japanese)
   http://lab.space-i.com/?p=1252

- oVirt node has a new plugin, allowing it to be used for The Foreman
   host discovery
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8TugleqF64

- how to use virt-sysprep with oVirt/RHEV
   http://bit.ly/1hy54Xx

- script to easily move VMs by name from export domain
   https://github.com/ppiersonbt/ovfmaker

- some oVirt and Dell Equalogic issues discussions
   http://dell.to/1gN3TlX
   http://bit.ly/1cXrIH2

- Intro to oVirt on Fedora (Spanish)
   http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar/?p=1505

- Christophe Fergeau published libgovirt 0.3.0 (storage domains, cd-rom
   and certificate handling improvements)
   http://red.ht/HVl4U2

- helper script by Humble to print list of VMs and their nic/mac/ip
   http://bit.ly/1ePpMjF

- Want to play with oVirt Neutron and GRE Tunneling?
   http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Neutron_GRE_Integration_-_How_To

- How To: Install rhev-agents on Scientific Linux 6x
   http://bit.ly/1cZRydo

- How To: Convert a server running on VMware ESXi 5x to oVirt 3.2
   http://bit.ly/17x2X1O