[Users] backups

Charles charles at cubbyhole.com
Tue Nov 26 16:38:40 UTC 2013

How are you folks doing your hypervisor level backups?

Under ESXi I used GhettoVCB which basically took a snap shot, copied the
disk image to another location, then deleted the snap.

I haven't been able to find too much information on how this can be done
with ovirt.  I see discussions on the new backup API, but I'm not
interested in spending big bucks on an enterprise backup solution for a
home lab.

Only discussion I saw on using snapshots for backups said don't do it
because the tools don't sync memory when the snapshots are taken.